Reminiscing can sometimes be a very discouraging thing. One can look back into past years, and think of bad decisions, mistakes, and utter regrets. However, as a born-again Christian, I can honestly say from experience that the only regrets I have are when I could have done more for Christ. I have never regretted obeying Him! Never have I thought that life would be better if I had lived for myself instead of my Savior! When I am in His will, life is simply perfect. Yes, there are trials and tests, but we have strength from God to overcome them.
Why am I reminiscing? Because I am overjoyed with the life God has given me. I do not deserve any of it. I am married to the very love of my life, I am in a wonderful church, with a beautiful home, no debt, and a whole life of serving Christ to look forward to, until He returns or God takes me to heaven.
Over the past several months, I have heard of some friends that I grew up with or went to college with. Thankfully, many are serving God with there lives. Unfortunately though, a large number have thrown away so much of their lives. Some that seemed to be godly young people are now no longer darkening even any church door. The flesh and the devil have won the battle in many lives, ruining all sense of a biblical testimony, and making a large number all but disband from the Army of the Lord.
- I have never regretted my salvation. Not once. There is no greater joy in my life than to be redeemed from sin and hell. I have a Comforter in times of struggle, a Father Who supplies every need, and a Savior Who died in my place.
- I have never regretted marrying the most godly, intelligent, tender-hearted, and beautiful woman ever created. Nor do I regret being completely pure at the altar; never having even touched her, let alone holding her hand, kissing, etc. That day was, after salvation, the greatest day of my life.
- I have never regretted one biblical standard that God has given my wife and I; from modest dress, to separation from this world, to abstaining from all alcohol, to conservative music, and to faithfulness to my church.
- I have never regretted choosing to give my life completely to God; taking my ideals and goals off of the table, and letting Him fill in the blanks instead.
- I have never regretted giving one minute of my time to God: whether it be in prayer, Bible meditation and study, or witnessing.
- I have never regretted choosing, attending, and graduating from my alma mater. What I learned there was spiritually reviving, uncompromising, and altogether priceless.
I say this again: I have never regretted any decision I have made for Christ–any step of obedience–any standard. My life is overfilled with heavenly joy!
I love these Bible verses…no explanation needed:
Psalms 119:97, 101-104 “O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day…I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. “
Psalms 37:23 “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.”
Colossians 1:10 “That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;”